Sunday 28 October 2012

Another good day

5 year ticks for Wembury in two days now! Early vis mig watch this morning was a bit of a damp squib with two Brambling being the highlight. At least two of the Firecrests were still present as were 12 Wigeon, 3 Mute Swan and 3 Teal.

Best I could manage at 1/30 of a second

Patch highlight this morning!

My wife then suggested a day out and the Soar area came to mind for some reason (actually, I have never been to those areas before and wanted to be nosy and work out why they get so much more good stuff than Wembury)? First stop was Thurlestone/South Milton where the best bird was a Sanderling on the beach.

After some helpful directions, off to Soar where I started to understand just how much good looking and accessible habitat there is compared to Wembury. A single Jay was a bit surprising near the car park. The Sibe Stonechat was showing really well and close when I got there and then promptly disappeared:


No comments:

Post a Comment