Sunday 23 September 2012

Pentillie Bioblitz

On Saturday I had been invited to a Bioblitz at Pentillie Castle near Saltash. Apparently, I was the only birder available! Not a huge number of people wanted to make the trek down to the quay to see some birds when there were moths, Dormice and reptiles just by the car park. Fine by me as I got to do something I haven't been able to do in ages - sit on my arse and quietly watch an area for three hours! Nothing startling but 5+ Common Sands, a Teal, a Peregrine and plenty of Buzzards and Ravens were nice. The moth traps also held two ticks (Dark Sword Grass and Orange Sallow) and more importantly, lots of moths that I identified exactly the same as the experts!

My view

The bathing hut - people were actually swimming....

One the commonest species

The "castle"

No comments:

Post a Comment