Monday 7 May 2012

Weekend

Went to visit my mother in Somerset this weekend. They may have stopped talking about it but there is still plenty of flood water!










Most of the ground-nesting birds will have lost their nests. Better news in the form of a new garden breeding record.









Also a couple of interesting things:
transitiva-esque?








just a gingery pascuorum?











Back in Devon and there were 50+ Whimbrel at Wembury beach this morning (plus two over the house last night) although there was not much else. Apologies to the Plymouth Birder as I nicked the only good moth from the toilet block this morning - a new moth for me, Red Twin Spot Carpet. Evaded the camera though.

1 comment:

  1. As it was a new moth for you I will let you off!

    I have yet to see a red twin spot carpet this year but the dire weather is resulting in very few moth sightings anyway. Fingers crossed for some good weather!

    ReplyDelete